- Rail transportation cost. Statistics show that such a format often requires significantly less financial expenses than similar transportation using auto or air transport. Low cost is achieved due to large limit of weight and volume.
- "Immunity" from troubles. All other methods of sending depend on weather conditions at least slightly. For example, planes are canceled quite often. Trains have "immunity", which protects against weather problems: the influence of natural impact is eliminated.
- Versatility. It becomes possible to transport almost any cargo regardless of the transportation requirements. Optimal conditions for storing the cargo are created in each individual container if it is needed. (temperature, humidity).
- Carrying capacity. Trains obviously have virtually no restrictions and limits in terms of allowable volumes. One batch is enough to solve the problem of transporting a cargo of several hundred tons.
- Safety. The reliability of the carriage construction and the possibility of fixing the goods determine the maximum level of cargo safety: you can be sure that the shipped products or materials will not be damaged by mechanical impact.
The cost of transporting goods by rail is calculated on an individual basis. Usually the general tariff is the sum of many factors. These factors are delivery of goods by car to the place of departure (railway station, station), transportation of goods by the company to the destination in the wagon itself, used containers or rolling stock, loading and unloading. If there is a multimodal delivery, the cost of transportation movement by shipping transport is additionally included. Some other factors have already been mentioned above.